- Name: Priligy
- Brand Name: Poxet
- Active ingredient: Dapoxetine
- Used for: Premature Ejaculation
- Dosages (mg): 30/60/90
- Drug Class: Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors
- What Is Priligy (Dapoxetine)?
- How Does Priligy Work?
- Interesting Facts about Priligy
- Off-Label Uses of Priligy
- Drug Interactions
- Side Effects
- Warnings, Precautions & Contraindications
- Full List of Components
- Customer Questions about Priligy
- Customers Reviews
What Is Priligy (Dapoxetine)?
Problems connected with erectile dysfunction are quite broad where the issues of control loss over sexual intercourse and as a consequence – premature ejaculation play a significant role. Priligy’s difference from other popular medicines lies in its capacity to influence the quality of erection. Priligy’s active component is dapoxetine which is in essence a serotonin reuptake inhibitor and has a unique selective effect. Singularity of its characteristics allows providing fast positive effect in comparison with medicines of analogous action from other pharmaceutical groups which are to be taken for a long time in order to achieve a result.
During various clinical trials, high efficiency of Priligy in its struggle against premature ejaculation and prolongation of sexual intercourse by 3-4 times were proved. Dapoxetine penetrates in blood fast starting its action not less than in 20 minutes after the intake. It is metabolized in liver and cleared from organism within 6 hours allowing patients to take Priligy daily.
The main advantages of Priligy:
- Easily tolerated and cleared;
- Fast and long-term effect;
- Improves mood and releases from depressions;
- Allows controlling ejaculation process;
- Prolongs sexual intercourse.
Priligy is a perfect medicine for patients suffering from premature ejaculation at the age between 18 and 64 years. Nowadays, problems with premature emission of seminal fluid may occur in men of different age groups because a number of causes. Generally, stress becomes a frequently-met reason, but Priligy shouldn’t be taken in this case if this condition is of identity character. But in case premature ejaculation occurs often, it is worth thinking of treatment course where dapoxetine is very efficient.
According to medical experts, unique characteristics of Priligy lie in its high speed of action and absence of equivalent substitutes. There are only combined analogies, but there is no pure forms of generic capable to take a selective action on premature ejaculation. Like any other medicine, Priligy has a number of restrictions to use. Therefore, the consultation of qualified specialist: andrologist, urologist, sexual health doctor or your attending therapist is required.
Notwithstanding the fact that the active substance of Priligy is well tolerated and has a minimum number of side-effects, it should be taken with care. The initial recommended dosage is 30mg. If is well tolerated, Priligy may be taken one taken one tablet per day, but not more than 90mg per day. The medicine takes its action in 20 minutes after the intake and the activity peak is achieved within 2-3 hours. In 5-6 hours Priligy is completely cleared from organism. The drug may be combined in reasonable amount with alcohol and fat food.
How Does Priligy (Dapoxetine) Work?
It is expected that mechanism of Priligy’s action in case of premature ejaculation is connected with inhibiting of serotonin reuptake by neurons with subsequent enhancement of neurotransmitter’s effect on pre- and postjunctional receptors. Ejaculation process is mainly regulated by sympathetic nervous system. Postganglionic sympathetic nerve filaments innervate seminal vesicles, seminal duct, prostatic gland, and muscles of urethra and neck of urinary bladder causing their coordinated contraction for achievement of ejaculation. Dapoxetine influences ejaculation reflex enhancing latent period and decreasing duration of reflectory impulsion of motoneurons of perineum ganglia. Stimulus launching ejaculation is generated in reflectory center which is controlled by several cerebrum cores by means of brain stem.
Dapoxetine is rapidly absorbed and maximal concentration in blood plasma (Cmax) is achieved in 1-2 hours after the drug’s intake. Absolute bioaccessibility is equal to 42% (diapason 15-76%). After one-time peroral intake of Priligy in fasting state in dosage of 30mg and 60mg, maximal concentration in blood plasma amounts to 297 ng/ml.
Priligy is distributed in organism with steady-state volume of distribution equal to 162 l.
Dapoxetine is metabolized by many liver and kidney enzymes. After peroral intake the signs of persistent metabolism in liver were observed. The main components circulating in blood plasma were intact dapoxetine and dapoxetine-N-oxide.
Dapoxetine metabolites are cleared mainly with urine in form of conjugated metabolites. Unaltered active substance is not observed in urine. Dapoxetine is cleared fast which is shown by low concentration of the substance in blood plasma (less than 5% of maximum) in 24 hours after its intake. If a medicine is taken daily, its accumulation in organism is minimal. In case of peroral intake, the period of terminal half-life is around 19 hours.
Interesting Facts about Priligy
Priligy was initially supposed to be a medicine for depression. After a number of long-term research studies and experiments, this medicine was sold to company Johnson & Johnson. In 2004 dapoxetine was the most successful drug in the world for premature ejaculation treatment. Not this is the best medicine in the USA and Europe.
Off-Label Uses of Priligy
Priligy allows controlling premature ejaculation. The drug fulfills only this mission. It doesn’t enhance erection, doesn’t protect against sexually transmitted diseases, and doesn’t keep from unwanted pregnancy. Men suffering from premature ejaculation along with erectile dysfunction may try combined medications.
Many men suffering from premature ejaculation have erectile dysfunction issue as well. They are always interested whether they are able to take Priligy along with PDE5 inhibitors applied for impotency treatment. Renowned scientist, Dresser has conducted a special research study with participation of 24 people in 2006. The first group were given dapoxetine and tadalafil, the other one were given dapoxetine with sildenafil. Then Dresser examined blood plasma. It was stated that dapoxetine didn’t change other active substances. This study laid foundation for production of combined medications.
Priligy cannot be combined with the following medicines:
- Monoaminooxidase inhibitors
The intake of the afore-mentioned drugs should be reduced not less than 14 days before usage of Priligy.
Alcohol should be taken under control if combined with Priligy. After a number of research studies, medical experts haven’t found any interaction of the drug with ethanol. Nevertheless, experts warn that the interaction may happen in case alcoholic drinks are taken in large amounts. Therefore, it is not recommended taking more than five glasses of wine or strong drinks along with Priligy. If this instruction is observed, dapoxetine does not interact with alcohol.
Priligy tablets may cause side-effects. During clinical trials it was demonstrated that they may be dosage-dependent. After the intake of 60 and 30 mg of dapoxetine patients had a headache (8,8 and 5.6%), vertigo (10,9 and 5,8%), insomnia (3,9 and 2,1%), nausea (2,2%).
Very seldom, other undesirable reactions were observed:
- Central nervous system: migraine, giddiness, impaired concentration, drowsiness, flavor reversion, shivering, sedation status.
- Mental condition: agitation, apprehension, depression, abnormal dreams, apathy, indifference, change of mood, euphoria, disorientation, nervousness, insomnia, paroniria, anorgasmy.
- Acoustic apparatus: vertigo, ringing of the ears.
- Visual organs: ophthalmalgia, blurred vision, corectasia.
- Derma and subdermal tissue: cold sweat, hyperhidrosis, amyctic.
- Gastro-intestinal tract: diarrhea, sickliness, flatulency, dyspepsia, uncleared bowels, flatulency, discomfort in the stomach area, vomit, dryness of the mouth.
- Respiratory apparatus: oscitation, stuffiness in nose.
- Heart-vascular system: sinus bradycardia, fluxion, arterial blood pressure drop, standstill of Keith and Flack node, tachycardia, systolic hypertension, blushing.
- Reproductive system: erectile dysfunction, ejaculation absence, paresthesia of sexual organs.
- General habitus: irritability, weakness, feeling of ardor, asthenia, lack of energy, psychic tension, feeling of inebriation.
It should be noted that after the intake of dapoxetine, the side-effects occur very seldom. Generally, they were observed within the first three hours after the intake or associated with diverse medical procedures (blood pressure measurement, blood sampling, etc.).
Warnings, Precautions & Contraindications
Priligy is contraindicative in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to dapoxetine hydrochloride or any other auxiliary substance of the drug.
- Pronounced cardiac diseases (for example, cardiac failure, cardiac conduction defects in case of absence of permanent cardiac pacemaker, pronounced coronary artery disease or cardiac valve disease).
- Combined intake of monoamine oxidase inhibitors and intake within 14 days after termination of their administration. And monoamine oxidase inhibitors cannot be taken within 7 days after termination of Priligy administration accordingly.
- Combined intake of thioridazine and within 14 days after termination of its administration. And thioridazine cannot be taken within 7 days after termination of Priligy administration accordingly.
- Combined intake of serotonin reuptake inhibitors (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin, norepinephrine and tricyclic antidepressants reuptake inhibitors) and other medicines with serotonergic action (for instance, tryptophane, triptane, tramadol, linezolid, lithium, tutsan-containing medicines) and within 14 days after termination of its administration. And these drugs cannot be taken within 7 days after termination of Priligy administration accordingly.
- Combined intake with active inhibitors of CYP3A4, including ketoconazole, itraconasole, ritonavir, sacvinavir, telithromycin, nefazodone, nelfinavir, atazanavir, etc.
- Moderate and severe hepatic disorders.
- Severe renal system disorders.
- Children and teenagers under the age of 18.
- Lactose intolerance.
In case of presence of postural hypotension in past medical history as well as hypomania and bipolar disorder, treatment with Priligy should be refused.
Priligy is not to be taken by women.
Full List of Components
Priligy is issued in a film-coated tablet of grey color.
Active component: dapoxetine hydrochloride.
Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate 87,76mg, cryptocrystalline cellulose 29,24 mg, croscarmellose sodium 8mg, colloidal silicon dioxid 5mg, stearate magnesium 2,8mg.
Composition of film coating: lactose monohydrate 4mg, hypromellose 2,8mg, titania 2,33mg, glycerol triacetate 0,8mg, iron oxide yellow.
Customer Questions about Priligy (Dapoxetine)
Can elderly patients take Priligy?
One-take intake of Priligy in dosage of 60mg didn’t appear significant difference of pharmacokinetics indicators among healthy elderly men (over 65 years of age) and men of younger age. Average values of area under the concentration-time curve and terminal half-life accordingly by 12% and 46% among elderly men in comparison with the men of younger age.
What is the minimum daily dosage?
Priligy is for peroral administration. The tablet should be swallowed whole with a lot of water. It may be taken regardless of the food acceptance. Recommended dosage is 30mg which should be taken 1-3 hours before expected sexual intercourse. It the effect is not achieved, the dose may be increased up to 60mg. Priligy should be taken not oftener than once per day.
What are storage requirements of Priligy?
Do not store above 25°C. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Expiry date is three years. Available on prescription
Testimonials by Canadian Pharmacy Online Customers
Hi, What can I say? Tablets work perfectly. Nothing helped before I used Priligy. When a girl just started getting excited, I was ejaculating. Horrible… My friend advised me to buy Priligy and although it was quite expensive, I tried. Sex is prolonged three-fold with no side-effects at all. Tablets really work, take it from me.
I can say without any doubt that Priligy is a rescue for me. I suffered so long, lost partners, acquired complex of inferiority. Now I feel much better, because my self-confidence returns and life plays out in fresh colors. Earlier sex was torture turning into a pleasure now. The pills are worth their price.
Tried dapoxetine and works fine for me. 60 mg per one time and the headache is provided. But I have no issues with sex. Ejaculation is controlled easier and I am getting so passionate. If a tablet is divided into two, giddiness and headache are almost absent. But if I have to choose between head and sex, I choose the latter.
My Canadian Pharmacy Mall – www.mycanadianpharmacymall.com